"I'm not sure what I'll do, but- well I want to go places and see people. I want my mind to grow. I want to live where things happen on a big scale."
-F. Scott Fitzgerald

Friday 14 August 2015

Six Weeks Of Detox

I'm a little excited...

Anyone who knows me, knows I'm a big Bundaberg Rum drinker (yes I do think I'm a pirate). In the last week or two though, I have been drinking more than usual (Territorian here!) and my body is feeling the effects. So, last night I got on google and searched 'body detox' and found this 'six-week detoxifying meal plan'. Had a read through it and it all seemed pretty simple.

Week 1: liver (haha, how's my luck)
Week 2: kidneys
Week 3: skin
Week 4: lungs (mmhmm, I'm a smoker too)
Week 5: lymph
Week 6: bowel

I am determined I can do it (and the family will have to too). So it's going to be a good challenge, which I will be keeping my blog up to date with. Look out for some yummy new recipes for Week 1: liver. Foods are; cabbage, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, grapefruit, beetroot, bitter lettuce (radicchio, rocket, kale), turmeric and artichoke.

Enjoy ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment