"I'm not sure what I'll do, but- well I want to go places and see people. I want my mind to grow. I want to live where things happen on a big scale."
-F. Scott Fitzgerald

Wednesday 19 August 2015

Beetroot Chicken Burgers


Ingredients:
For rissoles:
500g chicken mince
1 medium/large beetroot, peeled & grated
1 cup oat bran
1 medium onion, finely chopped
3 garlic cloves, finely copped
50g goats goat's cheese, crumbled
1 egg
Salt & pepper, to taste
Herbs, to taste

For burger:
6-8 burger rolls
Butter
Baby spinach
Tomato, sliced
Red onion, finely sliced
Avocado, mashed
Aioli, added to avocado mash

Method:
In a large bowl, add all rissole ingredients and mix with your hands until well combined. Sometimes I refrigerate for half an hour or so to set it a little better but you don't have to.

Scoop out a palm full of mixture, roll into a ball then flatten to about and inch thick. Place on the grill tray. Repeat until all the rissole mix is used then cook under the grill on high, about 15 minutes each side (but keep checking so they don't burn).

While the rissoles are cooking, slice the rolls in half and butter both sides. Heat a frying pan and cook until golden and crispy.

Starting with the bottom half of the roll, spread on mashed avocado with aioli, place the rissole on top, the sliced tomato (I like to add a little pepper on top of tomatoes), sliced onion, then arrange baby spinach. Top with the top half of the roll and serve.

Enjoy ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment