"I'm not sure what I'll do, but- well I want to go places and see people. I want my mind to grow. I want to live where things happen on a big scale."
-F. Scott Fitzgerald

Tuesday 25 August 2015

Pawpaw & Lavender Soap


You will need:
Double boiler saucepan
1 cup of Pawpaw soap flakes
1 1/2 cups of Pears soap flakes
1 tbsp.Shea butter
10 drops of Lavender essential oil
2 tbsp. heaped dried Lavender flowers
Soap mould

What to do:
Put 1 cup of water in the double boiler, heat to a boil, then turn down to simmer.

Add pawpaw, pears and shea butter to the pot. Stir until melted, around 8-10 minutes. Turn heat off.

Add essential oil and dried flowers to the pot and mix.

Pour into soap moulds (this batch made me 4 bars).

Refrigerate for 30 minutes, then pop moulds out onto baking paper to harden in a cool dry place. Optimum hardening time is two weeks, but mine usually gets used after 1.

Enjoy ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment