"I'm not sure what I'll do, but- well I want to go places and see people. I want my mind to grow. I want to live where things happen on a big scale."
-F. Scott Fitzgerald

Monday 10 August 2015

Fogg Dam; The Window To The Wetlands

Fogg dam is a spot about and hours drive from home. We have visited it many times and will continue in the future. It is spectacular, especially in the wet season.

Transmitting station along the way.





This particular day was great. There was heavy overcast but seemed to slow from pouring to a drizzle every time we got out of the car to walk around.

The wet season makes everything so lush and green, even though this area rarely gets dry, but I think it's enchanting.

The billabong is full of water, fish and probably a croc or two. Most of all, its a big spot for birds (a bird watchers delight).





This mad mushroom was on the side of a monsoon walk.


Monsoon walk, which we did for the first time was terrible. Not the walk itself cause I love all kinds of tracks and trails, but the mosquitos were diabolical. We literally only did about 200 meters before returning to the car (and Bushmans).
This photo is my fave. Took it on the drive home.

No comments:

Post a Comment