"I'm not sure what I'll do, but- well I want to go places and see people. I want my mind to grow. I want to live where things happen on a big scale."
-F. Scott Fitzgerald

Friday 14 August 2015

Artichoke & Broccoli Frittata

Artichoke & Broccoli Frittata

Ingredients:
Olive oil
Salt & pepper, to taste
Herbs, fresh or dried, to taste (I just snipped some garlic chives from my garden)
2 shallots, diced
5 cloves of garlic, minced (a great liver detoxifier!)
1/2 broccoli floret, cut into small trees
275g jar of marinated artichokes, strained and roughly chopped
1 cup of baby spinach, roughly chopped
4 free range eggs, whisked
Goat cheese, crumbled

Method:
In a non-stick frying pan (that has a lid) on medium/high heat, drizzle olive oil and add shallots and garlic. Season with salt and pepper and fry for 1-2 minutes.

Add broccoli for 4-5 minutes, in that time, mix the herbs into the whisked eggs. Add spinach and artichokes to the pan, stir, pour eggs evenly over vegetables.

Crumble goat cheese on top (and salt & pepper if you like), *put the lid on the frying pan and turn the heat down low. It takes about ??? to cook through.

Serve warm, but is still delicious cold.

*If I'm impatient I put the pan under the grill to cook faster.

Enjoy ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment