"I'm not sure what I'll do, but- well I want to go places and see people. I want my mind to grow. I want to live where things happen on a big scale."
-F. Scott Fitzgerald

Thursday 27 August 2015

Mini Quiche

I believe quiche (and omelettes) should never have a set ingredient list. As an example, the photo just above of the cooked quiches have different toppings. 2 mushroom, 2 broccoli, 2 spring onion & 1 cheese. Now my 5yr old daughter LOVES mushroom, but my 12yr old daughter claims she would rather eat dirt. So obviously Miss 5 would take mushroom tops & Miss 12, well she went for the cheese one. Little did Miss 12 know they all have the same ingredients (as you can see by the top photo). Anyway, my point is, as long as you have eggs, you really can put whatever you like in these. Even sneaky vegetables your kids don't usually eat. Here is my list for this batch.
 
Ingredients:
Eggs

Jarlsberg cheese
Broccoli
Garlic
Spring onion
Cherry tomato
Bacon
Onion
Yellow capsicum
Mushroom
Zucchini

Method:
Preheat oven to 180C.
Whisk eggs (I add a little cream) in a bowl.
Add chopped ingredients (set aside a little for toppings) and mix.
Butter a muffin tin (I only did 7, in the empty ones I added a little water).
Spoon mixture evenly, then add toppings.
Bake for 25 minutes.
Can be eaten warm or cold.

Enjoy ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment